Friday, March 27, 2009
Tomorrow night is Extreme Challenge: "Mayhem at the Marina", which takes place at the Trump Marina in Atlantic City. MMA Journalist will be there liveblogging the action, and the lineup currently looks like this:
- Tara LaRosa (Fight Factory) vs. Sally Krumdiack (Charlie's Combat Club)
- Maciej Linke (Gold Team Fighters) vs. Jeff Lentz (Rhino Fight Team)
- Tim Bradley (Wolf Pack) vs. Steve DeAngelis (Team Pellegrino/Bombsquad)
- Rich Edwards (Gold Team Fighters) vs. Dave Church (Team Pellegrino)
- Matt Kocher (Lionheart MMA) vs. Troy Maxwell (Extreme Performance)
- Jay Silva (Team Rampage) vs. Mike Johnson (Fight Factory)
- Daniel Straus (Vision MMA) vs. Lester Caslow (Team Pellegrino)
- Pat White (Evolution Fight Team) vs. Mervin Rodriguez (Rhino Fight Team)
- Kevin Roddy (Team Pellegrino) vs. Biff Walizer (Lionheart MMA)
Keep an eye out for LaRosa, DeAngelis, Caslow and Roddy.
The proposed match-up between former UFC champ Tim Sylvia and former heavyweight boxing champ Ray Mercer, which was to headline the May 30th Adrenaline event at the Taj Mahal in Atlantic City, has been denied sanctioning by the New Jersey State Athletic Control Board. Originally intended to be an MMA bout "with no grappling" then repackaged as a straight boxing match, Sylvia/Mercer stirred up a decent amount of fan interest despite finding no traction with the commission. Consequently, promoter Monte Cox has moved the match-up to June 13th at the "Thunderdome" in the unsanctioned wilds of Bartertown. Said Cox, "Who rules Bartertown? Masterblaster rules Bartertown, so we really don't have to worry about athletic commission approval down there. Also, the rules of the Thunderdome are that 'two men enter, one man leave' - which is perfect for the kind of bout we're going for." Adrenaline is still set for the Taj Mahal at the end of May, with the new tentative headliner a match-up between Jeremy Horn and Dante Rivera.