Saturday, November 7, 2009
Yeah, so, there's supposed to be some big fight on primetime television tonight. Anyone hear about it? Anyone know who's fighting? Hold on, let me Google it... OMG FEDOR! FEDOR! FEDOR! Anyway, predictions:
- In the match-up between Fabricio Werdum and Antonio Silva, the Brazilian will win. In theory, at least.
- Gegard Mousasi isn't just going to kill Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou. He's going to casually walk up to him and put his fist through Sokoudjou's chest, and when his hand emerges from Sokoudjou's back, the UFC vet's heart will still be beating and spurting blood onto the canvas.
- Roxanne Modafferi, you don't have to put on the red light. Those days are over. You don't have to sell your body to the night.
- Jake Shields is going to submit Jason Miller. Afterwards, MTV is going to move "Bully Beatdown" to VH1, and a month later VH1 is going to move "Bully Beatdown" to Nickelodeon.
- Fedor is going to defeat Brett Rogers. Fedor will remain his usual unassuming self postfight, but his sweater is going out on the town and partying.
- When did Stephen Quadros become a zombie? Was this recent? I thought he was still alive...
- There's nothing like a good chick fight. And Zoila Frausto vs. Elisha Helsper was nothing like a good chick fight.
- Merrit Warren: keeping highly-telegraphed heelhook submissions alive since 2009.
- Good win for Luke Rockhold. But can he pull that off against an opponent that's sober?
- Is Shane del Rosario the first person above 240 pounds to pull off a win via omoplata in an MMA bout? I think he is.
- Jorge Gurgel won that fight. He wuz robbed.