Did you know…?
- There were 45 sanctioned MMA events in New Jersey in 2009.
- Of these events, there were 125 professional MMA bouts.
- There were also 346 amateur MMA bouts.
- Referee Dan Miragliotta used 671 bottles of tanning lotion.
- A total of 13 people died eating spoiled food from the staff cafeteria within the Tropicana Casino & Resort in Atlantic City (which hosts the Ring of Combat events). No one complained, however, because it was free.
- The UFC held zero events within the Garden State, which is the same number they held there in 2008.
- Asylum Fight League promoter Carl Mascarenhas killed a man just because he thought the man looked at him funny.
- No manatees were harmed at any sanctioned MMA events over the course of the year – which is a new safety record for the State of New Jersey!