Monday, March 22, 2010
- Who looks worse: James Irvin at 185 pounds or Stephen Quadros? Of course, that’s like comparing a skeleton with a zombie. Sure, both are undead, but you don’t really want to look at either for too long if you have to go to bed that night.
- I remember when Paul Buentello first fought in the UFC. He had just knocked out Justin Eilers in highlight-reel fashion, and at the post-fight presser he was teary-eyed and thankful for being able to live his dream. Just thought I’d throw that out there.
- That high-kick Gabriel Gonzago used to knockout Mirko CroCop was totally awesome, wasn’t it?
- When Brandon Vera debuted in the Octagon and was kicking ass he challenged Chuck Liddell. Sadly, he could probably beat Liddell now.
- That was an impressive KO for John Howard, made all the more impressive because he had to overcome that awful haircut.
- Jon Jones is to regular fighters what Superman is to 1940s costumed crime fighters. In other words, while Stephan Bonnar and Thales Leites are busting up a Nazi spy ring or thwarting bank robbers, Jones is in outer space, smashing through an asteroid that was about to collide with Earth.
Solid show with some solid fights. Dave Branch, Jimmie Rivera and Kenny Foster all delivered the goods, and though the UCC had a few kinks that needed to be worked out, any promotion that gives these guys an opportunity to fight is a promotion worth checking out.