Jerome "The Bull" Mickle at Saturday night's NYFE 2: "Ides of March" show.
Monday, March 17, 2014
- I'm not going to come out and say Bubba McDaniels sucks, because that would be cruel to a fighter who's dedicated so much to the sport. But he sucks.
- Dennis Bermudez is now far more successful than Diego Brandao, who beat him to become the winner of TUF 14. Think about that.
- Kelvin Gastelum won. To those of you who had the TUF winner losing within two Octagon appearances in the "The Ultimate Fighter Stinks" pool, sorry. He's definitely beating the odds.
- Look at Ovince St. Preux slowly creeping up the rankings. What a sly dog.
- Hector Lombard is a great two-round fighter. That third round is a tough one, though.
- Add Jake Shields to the list of fighters who are faded and should retire soon.
- Oh God, please, no more fights for Diego Sanchez. He's going to die out there.
- Tough break for Carlos Condit, but I'm still not sold on Tyron Woodley.
- Johny Hendricks versus Robbie Lawler is the closet an MMA bout has come to re-enacting the fight scene in a '70s kung fu flick. They literally stood in front of each other throwing strikes while blocking and parrying. It was ridiculously awesome.