Monday, January 26, 2009
This just in: MMA Journalist's network of spies and clandestine operatives has just informed me of a super-secret amateur MMA show coming up. The event is the CounterStrike Fighting Championships, and it's slated for Saturday, January 31st at the Rahway Recreation Center. What's the card look like? Beats me! All the available info is here: http://counterstrikefc.com/eventinfo.html .
- Jose Aldo is emerging as top contender and all around bad dude in the featherweight division. No offense to Rolando Perez, but Aldo deserves a step up in competition.
- Danillo Villefort looked good, but whenever I see WEC welterweights in the cage I can't help but think they're all disappointed they're not in the UFC.
- I hated seeing Jens Pulver lose like that. Is he still relevant? Of course he is. Who else is the WEC going to feed to their 145 pounders to make them look good?
- Urijah Faber. Meh.
- There is nothing more disconcerting than a fighter twisting his own nipples off right before a bout. Thank you, Donald Cerrone, for making me grossed out.
- Jamie Varner. Still the best lightweight out there not good enough for the Octagon.