Thursday, October 30, 2008
DREAM may be interested in Seth "Promotion Killer" Petruzelli for their New Years Eve event, according to preliminary reports. The Japanese fight organization is famous for circus freak show bouts with the likes of Bob Sapp, Don Frye and Akebono, and is considering hosting a Petruzelli/Kimbo Slice rematch - which would give Petruzelli an opportunity to reveal whatever DREAM secrets he could in post-event interviews. "We like what Mr. Petruzelli did to EliteXC," said DREAM president Sadaharu Tanigawa. "DREAM has been fixing fights for a while now, and what better way to reveal that to the public than to have the Promotion Killer do it for us?" No word yet on whether Slice will be available for this match-up.
The seventh episode of TUF 8, blah, blah, blah. Eccentric assistant coach Stankie was very subdued this week, as prior to filming he'd spent a few nights in Clark County Jail for bringing a live grenade into famed strip joint Spearmint Rhino. Hey man, it wasn't like he was going to pull the pin or anything.
- Coach Mir's victory speech to Junie Browning consisted of a lot of "Dude, you suck!" and a tiny bit of "But congrats anyway". Interesting coaching style, buddy.
- Running on a treadmill with a scuba mask on and diving into a giant ice bath? Last night, Wanderlei Silva was sitting in his living room with his conditioning coach, and they were laughing their asses off at the young fighters tricked into taking part in these elaborate pranks disguised as "cutting-edge training methods".
- Why is Shane Nelson getting camera time? Didn't he already get beat? He should be out mowing a lawn somewhere.
- Okay, let me get this straight: Krzysztof Soszynski requests a body bag and the producers don't flip out? Come on. You just know Dana White got a phone call on that one.
- Fiery Brazilian drama between Coach Nogueira and Vinicius Magalhaes alert! Woot-woot! Someone is defintely getting stabbed with one of those giant meat skewers they use at churrascarias.
- Vinny's fight against Jules Bruchez was a solid ten on the "meh" meter.