Sunday, October 25, 2009
MMA Journalist is back for more, although today it was to sit on the panel for the discussion about the "The Future of MMA in New York". No real crazies in the audience this time, but as an "authority" on underground shows I was asked questions about where the promoters hide the dead bodies and if actual Southeast Asian slaves are used as fighters. Attendance for the expo itself seems down from yesterday, but hey, it's Sunday. Even MMA fans go to church.
- The decision in the Lyoto Machida/Shogun fight wasn't just bad, it was heinous. Heinous I tell you!
- Cain Velasquez is a beast.
- Ben Rothwell is whatever a zookeeper feeds a beast at its designated feeding time.
- All this time in the sport and Josh Neer still hasn't learned how to avoid takedowns? What does he do with his time? Drive under the influence or something?
- Spencer Fisher, I think you're an exciting fighter. However, it might be time to retire from the Octagon.
- I sure wish Anthony Johnson had made weight. I really wanted to be impressed with his performance. Instead, I'm stuck with the notion that the dude is just a cheater.
- Ryan Bader is a big pile of UNIMPRESSIVE.
- Pat Barry looked good. Antoni Hardonk looked like he took a bad hardonk to the head.
- I don't know who that Chael Sonnen was wrecking Yushin Okami, but he should stick around. He's much better than the Chael Sonnen we're used to.