Monday, December 14, 2009
Check out Real Fighter magazine this month. There's a decent-sized article on NYC's Underground Combat League by Paul Wachter, and the accompanying photo spread by UCL staple Anil Melwani is so gritty, you might need a tetanus shot after you put the magazine down.
- Apparently Paul Buentello needs American Kickboxing Academy for cardio.
- Of all the fighters in the UFC, Clay Guida loses the best.
- Dear God, please, no more Mike Pierce.
- Has no one told Alan Belcher that white guys simply look foolish with cornrows?
- Frank Julio Fontez Ebenezer "El Jefe" Mir. Ariba!
- BJ Penn is without a doubt some kind of fighting deity, but I definitely think Gray Maynard, Frankie Edgar and Jim Miller can beat him. However, they have to coordinate it so they all attacking him at once, i.e., Maynard comes in low, Edgar comes in high and Miller blasts him with a shotgun. Otherwise, they're doomed.