The UFC has terminated Keith Jardine after years of faithful service, the result of a string of consecutive losses including a recent majority decision loss to Matt Hamill at the TUF 11 Finale. A veteran of TUF 2 and most known for his unorthodox striking style and scary rapist-looking face, Jardine was long a staple in the Octagon, scoring notable victories over Forrest Griffin and Chuck Liddell and getting destroyed by everyone from Wanderlei Silva to Thiago Silva to Houston Alexander. "I liked Keith - he was a good kid," said Head UFC Executioner Dana White. "But we just couldn't justify paying him when all he did was look mean and then go unconscious." According to White, Jardine was taken out behind a utility shed in the Zuffa Complex parking lot and shot. Said White, "I hated doing it. But believe me, I was gentle."
Because There's A Fistfight Going On Somewhere In New York Right Now, And You Should Know About It
Friday, June 25, 2010
UFC Terminates Keith Jardine
Posted by Jim Genia at 11:39 AM No comments:
Observations from My Couch: Bellator's "Season 2 Finale Ass-Kicking"
- Zoila Frausto crushing Rosi Sexton like that was akin to Matt Serra crushing Georges St. Pierre in their first fight. Sexton was the number one 125-pound female fighter, and Frausto utterly smoked her.
- Announcing that you’re going to fight in a future Bellator tournament and then taking a tune-up fight = you’re going to die. Don’t do it!
- Alexander Shlemenko was sloppy, but he got the job done. Hector Lombard is going to kill him, though.
- Watching Nick Mamalis got me pretty excited for the upcoming bantamweight tournament – a tournament that Zach Makovsky is going to win.
- Patricio Freire practically destroyed Joe Warren in the first round, and yet Warren bounced back to earn the decision. The dude definitely deserved the championship belt.
- Bellator Season 2 was full of win.
Posted by Jim Genia at 9:17 AM No comments:
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)