Thursday, December 11, 2008
- Most. Depressing. UFC. Ever. Seriously, I love me some fights, but all those vignettes about wounded soldiers was heartbreaking.
- For this event the ratio of clobbered fighters to non-clobbered fighters at the end of the night was insane. Corey Hill had his shin snapped in half in an unaired preliminary bout (check it out on the UFC website), another fighter wound up with a busted arm, and more than a few did their best to give viewers an firsthand look at just what this Traumatic Brain Injury thing is all about.
- Jim Miller's domination of Matt Wiman was so complete, Wiman had to see a rape counselor after the bout.
- Kudos to Razak Al-Hassan for reminding us how useless Tae Kwon Do is in an MMA fight.
- Nate Loughran's game plan of letting Tim Credeur repeatedly punch him in the face came so close to paying off. So close.
- Jonathan Goulet and Yoshiyuki Yoshida: getting knocked the hell out and going into convulsions so you don't have to.