Japan. The Land of the Rising Sun. A society steeped in rich culture, a deep sense of budo, weird food and anime fraught with odd sex. But Japan’s most enduring contribution to the world is the haiku, a terse form of poetry that consists of a five-seven-five pattern of syllables. It is in this way that MMA Journalist will bring you the news today (next week: iambic pentameter!).
- An old car, broken/ down, needs lots of work. Such is/ the great Nogueira.
- CroCop will step in/ to face Frank Mir. Hooray for/ fighters past their prime!
- DREAM still hasn’t paid/ Bibiano Fernandes?/ Bad way to treat champ.
- Shane Carwin named in/ steroid case. Steroids? No way! / That’s a big surprise.
- Jens Pulver lost to/ some scrub this past weekend. It/ don’t get no sadder.
- Tomorrow is a/ WEC and there’s no heat./ They need the Zombie!