Tuesday, January 27, 2009
That super-secret amateur show in New Jersey scheduled for Saturday, the CounterStrike Fighting Championship, has been cancelled. No reason has been given for the cancellation, although the event's lame name most likely had something to do with it.
From the Unsubstantiated Rumor Department: Phil Baroni will return to action at Ring of Combat's April 17th event at the Tropicana Casino & Resort in Atlantic City. Lou Neglia is the promoter of ROC, and Baroni actually made his MMA debut at one of Neglia's shows - the now defunct Vengeance at the Vanderbilt on Long Island - about 50 years ago. No opponent has been named yet.
It's haiku time!
- The UFC is/ planning to open gyms now. Please, /God, just kill me now.
- Hermes Franca is/ out of his UFN bout./ He feared Lauzon's ears.
- Affliction's payroll / was so huge, they now need a/ government bailout.
- Fedor barely trained/ for his Affliction bout. Sucks/ to be Arlovski!
- Amir Sadollah/ is injured again. I guess/ he ain't that TUF, huh?
- Jen Pulver thinking/ of retiring? Don't do it,/ Jens. You're still the man.