- The Cage Fury Fighting Championships event that was supposed to take place at the Borgata in Atlantic City on Saturday, November 3, was moved to November 24. In theory. We'll see how much Atlantic City recovers between now and then.
- The Ring of Combat scheduled for November 16 in Atlantic City has been moved to January. The amateur MMA show Lou Neglia was going to do in Rahway on November 17 has been rescheduled for December 8.
- UFC middleweight contender Chris Weidman lost his home on Long Island.
- The Aggressive Combat Championships show that was slated for November 3 on Long Island was postponed to December 1.
- Veteran kickboxer Chris Romulo's Muay Thai gym in the Rockaways did not fare well in the storm. It needs to be rebuilt.
Monday, November 5, 2012
Yeah, so, hurricane, clobbered New York and especially New Jersey. My Internet was down for a week, while many other lost their homes and worldly possessions and whatnot. Not that my situation even compares, but it definitely sucked all around (and still does for most). Anyway, here's some ripple-effect from the storm: