It apparently takes more than mere bullets to stop Lavar Johnson. Last year the Strikeforce heavyweight slugger (and Terminator model T-800) took some hot lead in the gut while at a family barbecue – a turn of events that would kill most non-cyborgs. But instead Johnson just calmly stood up, shook it off and said, “I’ll be back.” Well, the dude is back, and fighting this Friday on Showtime as the headliner for the latest installment of Strikeforce Challengers. Lambast Scott Coker all you want for putting on freakshows, but I dig watching a literally unstoppable killing machine in action. Predictions!
- Johnson is facing Lolohea Mahe, some big 300-pound Hawaiian who is not Sarah Connor. Mahe is doomed.
- Top-ten 135-pound female fighter Meisha Tate is taking on Zoila Frausto. Meisha and Zoila? What, are they Amazon warriors or something?
- Abongo Humphrey returns to fight George Bush III. George Bush? G-George B-B-Bush? Oh no! Joke-possibility overload! Aaargh!
- I’m not sure, but I think Andre Galvao might try to employ some jiu-jitsu in his bout against Luke Stewart. That’s just a hunch, though.
- I don’t know anything about Shamar Bailey, although it’s safe to say he got into a lot of fights in school. Like, a lot of fights.