The last Strikeforce installment of the year is scheduled for Saturday on Showtime, and sadly it’s pretty Fedor-deficient. However, there are some other big names on the card, like Asian Guy Not Fedor and Brazilian Guy Not Fedor, as well as American Guy Not Fedor. So, predictions!
- Cung Le, the organization’s former middleweight champ (he gave up the belt because he was too busy making films to fight) is facing Scott Smith. Smith is great in an iron-chin-knockout-puncher-bring-his-family-into-the-cage type of way, but I feel like Le is just going to act him to death.
- Josh Thomson may defeat Gilbert Melendez, but he will never defeat Gilbert Melendez’s hair.
- Matt Lindland can still fight? After what Vitor Belfort did to him, it’s surprising he can still walk.
- I wonder if Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza has ever tried the Brazilian berry acai and explored its many health benefits? Do you think he has?
- It’s great that Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal can find time out of his busy schedule of ruling his subjects and governing his kingdom, but all it takes is one loss to run afoul of Queen Mo.