- It's widely believed that reigning featherweight champ Jose Aldo is Brazilian, but that's a misconception. He's actually from Staten Island. We can't understand him because his "Guido" accent is so thick.
- Urijah Faber is descended from a species of aggressive rodent that dates back to the prehistoric era.
- In his spare time, Mike Brown likes to domestic alligators at his Florida home. The number of alligators he's successfully domesticated? Zero out of twenty attempts.
- Donald Cerrone's nickname may be "Cowboy", but he hates country music.
- Lightweight champ Ben Henderson is Dan Henderson's kid from a previous marriage.
- Anthony Njokuani's last name is actually a shorted version. It was originally Njokuanisngklsejgnbsluenei%2)8s2kii$@.
- A WEC pay-per-view has less calories than a normal UFC pay-per-view, but it still has that same great Zuffa taste.
Friday, April 23, 2010
WEC 48: "Aldo vs. Faber" Fun Facts
Tomorrow night the WEC makes the leap from the Versus channel on premium cable to the realm of pay-per-view. Yes, pay-per-view, where money is either made or lost and a promotion finds out if it was a mistake signing Fedor to that million dollar contract. Well, the WEC doesn't have Fedor's price tag to worry about, so there's a possibility it may do okay. Anyway, here's some fun facts that I bet you didn't know!