- Roy Nelson is an entertaining dude, but he had nothing for Junior dos Santos. Senior dos Santos would’ve killed him.
- People always talk about Ricardo Almeida’s jiu-jitsu black belt and accomplishments in the world of submission grappling. Often overlooked, though, is Matt Hughes’ black belt in wrestling.
- Clay Guida’s hair: so unstoppable, just rubbing it on an opponent’s face elicits a tap out.
- Stefan Struve got a much-needed win on Saturday night. Against who, I have no idea. But he got the win.
- Oh boy, I can’t wait for Jon Fitch and Thiago Alves to have another rematch. There are still so many unanswered questions!
- But for that ultra-last-minute triangle, Chael Sonnen was boldly striding down Champions’ Lane and not stopping for anything. No one kicks Anderson Silva’s ass like that, and no one can talk so much crap and back it up the way he does. I would now watch anything – anything – he’s on, including UFC pay-per-views, stints as a coach on TUF, guest commentating gigs for the WEC, paid endorsements for Xyience on late night SpikeTV, and even appearances on daytime soap operas.
- Silva may still be the champ, but the blueprint is now out there. His days are numbered.
Because There's A Fistfight Going On Somewhere In New York Right Now, And You Should Know About It
Monday, August 9, 2010
Observations from My Couch: UFC 117 "Ultimate Heartbreak"
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Why don't you ever get any comments on your posts? I read about a zillion different MMA blogs, and you are easily the funniest. And still always on point with everything. I don't have a blog myself, but if I did, you would be my inspiration, or I would just copy everything you wrote and claim it came from me.
Well, keep up the awesome job, looking forward to the next season of TUF so I can read the interns analysis of it!
Post a Comment