In response to the upcoming Strikeforce heavyweight tournament announced earlier this week, the UFC has begun formulating plans for a “rebuttal” of epic proportions – this one involving an eight-man tournament of their own consisting of some of the best, most-compelling fighters to ever grace the TUF House. The “Best of TUF” event is scheduled for February 12, the same night of Strikeforce’s Fedor Emelianenko/Antonio Silva and Andrei Arlovski/Sergei Kharitonov match-ups, and the UFC’s star-studded ION-broadcast roster includes:
- Jason Thacker – The dark horse of TUF’s first season, few believed in Thacker’s ability, but for about a minute and 34 seconds at the TUF 1 Finale, he gave Chris Leben all he could handle. Then Leben knocked him out.
- Danny Abbadi – The karate man extraordinaire of TUF 3, Abbadi made waves in the show when he refused to change his underwear for days on end.
- Marlon Sims – Although he may have been a substandard fighter in the cage, TUF 5’s Sims was a beast on patio concrete. Watch out, porchfighters!
- Jon Koppenhaver, aka “War Machine” – This TUF 6er doesn’t crap in toilet bowls. Not even while in jail. Enough said.
- Junie Browning – If TUF 8 had a “bad boy”, then it was Browning. Coincidently, if MMA had a painful, infected cyst that needed to be lanced and then treated with antibiotics, it was Browning.
- Kimbo Slice – Come on, even a TUF 10 vet’s gotta eat.