Hey there. It’s been a while since I’ve had the time to bring some funny to my blog, but with a sizeable Bjorn Rebney interview in the can for www.MMAConvert.com and RAW COMBAT edited and currently stewing in the publisher’s cauldron, I find myself with some time to kill. So why not kick it old school MMA Journalist style – am I right? Anyhoo, despite the lull in fight show offerings, there’s been some news. Let’s take a look at what’s transpired, shall we?
- Man with Concussion Disorder to Face Man with Eating Disorder at UFC 137 – Heh. Mirko CroCop vs. Roy Nelson. Think the Croation can stay awake long enough for Nelson to gas? Probably not.
- Fighter with Ironic Last Name Cut from UFC – Andre Winner did not win TUF 9, nor did he manage any great success in the UFC proper. I bet Dana White wishes he’d signed Joe Loser instead.
- Pennsylvania Commission Finally Cashes Bonus Check from Zuffa, Lifts Marquardt Suspension – I’m just saying.
- M-1 Challenge 26 Snags 161,000 Viewers; Showtime Execs Still Believe Their Events Are the UFC – You know how those non-MMA industry types are. So out of touch, so lost.
- Jake Shields Denies Knowing Who Jake Ellenberger Is; Athletic Commission Orders Neurological Examination – Damn, did Georges St. Pierre really hit Shields that hard? It didn’t seem like it, but homeboy is acting all amnesiac now.
- Tito Ortiz Steps Up and Gets Paid; Machida Left Drinking Cheap Urine – And not the good, expensive urine, mind you. Like, the cheap stuff that tastes like *drumroll please* p*ss. Thank you, thank you. I’ll be here all week. Don’t forget to tip your waitress.