- Sure, Marius Zaromskis won that bout against Waachiim Spiritwolf, but I'm picking Spiritwolf to win the next two rematches.
- Attila the Vegh is so getting squished by Travis Wiuff.
- Of course Paul Daley damn near killed Rudy Bears in his Bellator debut. What did you expect? It's Paul Daley. It would've been shocking if Bears somehow survived.
- Karl Amoussou is slick as hell and fun to watch. Unfortunately, he's going to be wearing the Askren Manblanket soon, and there's nothing any of us can do about it.
- Antonio Carvalho's KO of Daniel Pineda was cool and all, but his cuddle immediately after... that was like when Forrest Griffin spooned Bill Mahood. Yeesh.
- Yeah, Ronda Rousey would totally kill Bryan Caraway. No doubt about it.
- Nothing ruins a 7-second KO more than doing the Robot.
- I like watching this Francisco Rivera fight. Sean Shelby, keep feeding him scrubs.
- I'm not quite sure how Nick Ring got that decision over Court McGee, but okay, fine, I'll take it, as it means another TUF winner loses.
- I have no idea where that version of Matt Riddle came from, but he needs to stick around. The dude reeks of Mystery Machine and Scooby Snacks like crazy.
- In honor of Brian Ebersole's uninspired performance, I'm not going to bother finishing this sentence with...
- Cheick Kongo - all hugs, all the time.
- Boy did Hector Lombard lay a gigantic egg in the Octagon. Somewhere, Bjorn Rebney was alternating between watching that fight and staring at a Bellator profit-and-loss spreadsheet, and he was smiling.
- As tough and as skilled as he still is, the sun is setting on Urijah Faber's championship-level abilities. Let us not mourn its passing. Instead, let's celebrate the greatness that was.
Because There's A Fistfight Going On Somewhere In New York Right Now, And You Should Know About It
Sunday, July 22, 2012
Observations from My Couch: Bellator/UFC 149 Mash-Up
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment