- Sure, Bobby Green may have kicked his tail from pillar to post, but Matt Ricehouse is one game-ass mofo who doesn't know the meaning of the word "quit". Seriously, someone needs to bring him a dictionary. I don't think he knows the word's meaning.
- After last night's performance, I really question if Strikeforce's matchmaker was trying to get Hiroko Yamanaka killed when she was paired up against Cris Cyborg.
- Adlan Amagov didn't beat Keith Berry. Referee Herb Dean did. That was a raw deal.
- I don't know what was more impressive - the beating that Julie Kedzie delivered, or the beating that Miesha Tate absorbed before somehow finding the sub. I definitely want to see both ladies again.
- I question that stoppage in the Ovince St. Preux/TJ Cook bout. I think Cook still had more in him.
- Chumbawumba Sayers. I just like saying that.
- I dig Tarec Saffiedine and have him as a top contender for the belt. Champ Nate Marquardt is going to kill him, but at least Saffiedine is up there.
- Strikeforce's middleweight division is so thick with top talent, Ronaldo Souza need only defeat Derek Brunson to get a crack at the belt again. That is, of course, unless someone deems it necessary for him to face Keith Jardine. Then Souza is doomed.
- Ronda Rousey is to armbars what Beatrix Kiddo is to katanas, and God damn if all those limbs she's collected in the cage don't belong to her now.
Because There's A Fistfight Going On Somewhere In New York Right Now, And You Should Know About It
Sunday, August 19, 2012
Observations from My Couch: Strikeforce's "Rousey vs. Kaufman"
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment