- Tough loss for Al Iaquinta, but it's hard to see what he did wrong. Dude was killing it, and then out of nowhere, got caught.
- Tony Ferguson vs. Katsunori Kikuno was fun to watch for 30 seconds, and then we were reminded why karate doesn't work.
- Michael Chiesa is the toughest homeless man-looking fighter in the world.
- How amazing is it that even with a broken foot, Jamie Varner still got into some dominant positions? It speaks volumes about James Krause's abilities that he couldn't finish a one-legged fighter.
- Jake Ellenberger, welcome to the next Bellator welterweight tournament.
- Two things became crystal-clear in the Daniel Cormier vs. Dan Henderson fight: when Cormier takes on Jon Jones it will be fun, and Henderson needs to either not fight the best or not fight at all.
- Every now and then the sport provides a perfect example as to why it's one of the most awesome things in the world. Underdog T.J. Dillashaw beating the ever-loving crap out of champ Renan Barao was one of those examples. WOW.
Because There's A Fistfight Going On Somewhere In New York Right Now, And You Should Know About It
Sunday, May 25, 2014
Observations From My Couch: UFC 173
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment