- As of today, there have been 50 amateur MMA events in New York State this year. There were a total of 54 in 2014, so by the time 2015 comes to a close, that number will definitely have been exceeded.
- Of that 50, only 15 used a third-party sanctioning organization. The rest self-regulated, or employed no real safety precautions whatsoever.
- It's also worth noting that not all third-party sanctioning organizations are created equal.
- In 2014, a fighter at a self-regulated show stopped breathing after getting KO'd, and was revived by the paramedics the promoter had on hand. Thankfully, nothing like that has happened in 2015. Yet.
- Included on the 2015 tally is an event that mixed pro wrestling bouts with MMA bouts.
- New York City and Long Island hosted 16 events; the rest of the 50 took place in Upstate New York.
Because There's A Fistfight Going On Somewhere In New York Right Now, And You Should Know About It
Thursday, September 3, 2015
An Update on New York's MMA Promotion Stats
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment