- Nick Pace - He's taking on Ricky Bandejas for the bantamweight title, but Pace has tasted glory before, both in the form of a ROC belt and a stint in the UFC. His layoff since his last fight has extended to almost four years - will that play a factor? Or will we see Pace return to his old, destructive ways?
- Steve Regman - There's a lightweight title up for grabs, and this TSMMA badass is keen on being the man to walk away the champ. Regman is rangy and dangerous, and capable of ending fights in a variety of ways, so expect some thrills in this one.
- Darrell Horcher - Horcher is on the opposite side of the lightweight title bout, and his impressive resume includes three trips to the Bellator cage. Given his edge in experience, he's going to be a tough test for Regman. A really tough test.
- Jared Gordon - Gordon was an accomplished 9-0 fighter when he took on TUF vet Jeff Lentz at CFFC 48, and despite losing that bout, he's still an extremely skilled and capable fighter. His opponent, Bill Algeo, sports a jiu-jitsu black belt and has some Muay Thai bouts to his name, so we will definitely see a war.
- Katlyn Chookagian - She's a WSOF vet, is undefeated as both a pro and amateur, and has collected submission wins like you and I would collect stamps and bottle caps (do people still do that?). All of this could mean that Chookagian is destined for bigger things, like Invicta FC or the UFC's female ranks. That's something worth watching out for.
Thursday, October 29, 2015
Five Reasons to Care About Cage Fury Fighting Championships 52 This Weekend