- Three title fights featuring top-level guys and the worst possible scenario came to fruition: all three bouts went the distance. Jesus, what a crapfest. I love MMA, but I watched almost the whole thing on fast forward (thanks DVR!).
- Someone give Gegard Mousasi a pregnancy test. After all that humping on the ground, he might be having King Mo’s baby in nine months.
- Good lord did Shinya Aoki suck. I don’t know what was more disgraceful: the fact that he had no striking skill or wrestling, or the fact that he was the number two lightweight in the world going into that bout.
- Dan Henderson looked great for one round, then he looked spent. Jake Shields may have beaten him, but I think Father Time should get the win.
- Am I the only person out there who thinks Jason “Mayhem” Miller isn’t completely at fault for that post-show brawl? The dude was only trying to create hype for a future fight, and after 15 painful rounds of fanbase-killing non-action, hype is what Strikeforce needs more than anything.
- So long future CBS broadcasts. We hardly knew ya!
Because There's A Fistfight Going On Somewhere In New York Right Now, And You Should Know About It
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Observations from My Couch: Strikeforce's "So Long CBS, It Was Nice Knowing You"
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Although, some of your points were brutal, I have to see I totally agree.
Dan Henderson looked like he had one weapon and that weapon was spent after the first round.
I don't blame Miller at all.
I don't know what happened to Mousasi, he's better than that.
Good write up.
i don't blame Mayhem completely for the brawl at all.
he did have some bad timing deciding to ask for a rematch when he did.
but he did not throw the first actual punch.
Post a Comment