Travis Roesler, a former Northeast MMA fighter and contender in the light-heavyweight division, was arrested this week when Philadelphia police found over a million dollars worth of marijuana in his training studio. A million bucks worth of weed? Seriously? Oh man, the jokes are practically writing themselves…
- I think it goes without saying that Roesler is a big fan of Joe Rogan and Eddie Bravo.
- In his last fight back in 2006, Roesler fought John Doyle for the Combat in the Cage belt and lost a razor-thin split decision. It’s possible he took that loss pretty hard and needed some help coping. However, as that loss was via split decision, I can’t help but wonder what Roesler would’ve needed if he’d lost via submission or knockout. Two million in Ecstasy? Five hundred grand in crystal meth?
- Team Cannabis never die!
- When he was active, Roesler had one of the best guards in his weight class, and he was always calm and relaxed when on the bottom. Well, this certainly explains why he was so calm and relaxed.
- Referee: “Fighters, are you ready? Then fight!” Roesler: “Dude, wait… um, what?”
- Roesler’s wanted to return to the cage for years. Unfortunately, every time he takes a pre-fight urine screening the inspector handling his sample disappears, and only reappears to giggle uncontrollably and hunt for food to satisfy his munchies.
- Team Cannabis… wait… what?