- Months ago a Zuffa insider lamented to me that Joe Silva was “scraping the bottom of the barrel for fighters”. Hi, Gabe Ruediger! How’s the arm?
- Nik Lentz apparently thought Andre Winner was a big piece of cheese and the Octagon was a cheese grater. How else can you explain him trying to push the Brit through the fence for all three rounds?
- Dan Miller’s guillotine: when done right, no can defend.
- Nate Diaz is so adorable. Even when he’s busting up Marcus Davis’ orbital bone, I have the urge to buy him an ice cream cone and take him to the park to fly kites.
- Gray Maynard is the master of making exciting match-ups into boring ones. Really, he’s elevated it to an art form.
- There are Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belts, and then there’s Demian Maia, who may not be able to sub other black belts, but he damn sure can toy with them.
- Randy Couture defeated a boxer. In other news, I hear this scrawny Royce Gracie dude is totally smoking these bigger karate and kung fu fighters. Isn’t that insane?
- It took about two takedowns for Frankie Edgar to convince BJ Penn that every weapon the Hawaiian had at his disposal was useless. After that, it was twenty minutes of Edgar dancing circles around Penn and Penn wanting to be somewhere far, far away.
- Maynard gets the next crack at Edgar, and Edgar is absolutely going to smash him. Don’t believe me? Look at the fighter Edgar was when they first fought and then look at Edgar now. Okay, compare the Maynard who was with the Maynard from now. The champ is a totally different fighter these days – a beast with his hands and an ace on the ground – and the challenger is the same human blanket. Edgar is going to punch “The Bully” in the face for days.
Because There's A Fistfight Going On Somewhere In New York Right Now, And You Should Know About It
Monday, August 30, 2010
Observations from My Couch: UFC 118 "Ultimate Dance-Off 2: Electric Bugaloo"
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment