- Bart Palaszewski scored a great, crowd-pleasing win against Zach Micklewright, but the victory did little to allay the underlying tragedy of the bout. The tragedy that was his hairstyle.
- Yes, Stephan Bonnar and Todd Harris. We get it. Brad Pickett is like a Pikey from “Snatch”. Please move on.
- Scott Jorgensen and Pickett sure did have a decent stand-up scrap. It’s always a breathe of fresh air when fighters actually exhibit some striking skill and bob and weave and feint before plastering each other in the mug.
- I am wholly unmoved by Chad Mendes’s dry-humping. Still, he got the job done, and Cub Swanson had nothing for him.
- Shane Roller was impressive. Anthony Pettis was impressiver. How about that late triangle, eh? The WEC’s lightweight division might be like watching toddlers splash around in a shallow pool, but at least there are a couple cute kids worth paying attention to.
- One day someone is going to figure out that the secret to Dominick Cruz’s fighting method is mixing Irish Stepdancing (“Riverdance”) with the disco “Hustle”. Then he’ll be screwed.
- Oh how I miss the days when a WEC bantamweight champ won in decisive and dominant fashion. Where for art thou, Miguel Torres?
Because There's A Fistfight Going On Somewhere In New York Right Now, And You Should Know About It
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Observations from My Couch: WEC 50 "Attack of the Munchkins"
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment