Installment number three for the Urban Conflict Championship is this Friday at the Armory in Jersey City, and if you brave the treacherous walk from the PATH train to the venue (warning: do not stop to buy crack, even if tempted), you will be treated to some stellar cage fights. Daniel Akinyemi is mentioned in a previous post, but there are others worth the price of admission. They include:
- Luiz Azeredo – A Pride Bushido veteran, Azeredo boasts a win over Brit slugger Paul Daley plus a ton of fights in Brazil.
- Binky Jones – A Baltimore-based jiu-jitsu man, Jones has been around the Northeast scene forever. His crowning achievement was winning the ROC lightweight “Tournament of Champions”.
- Kevin Horowitz – A ton of spunk and game as hell. That’s Horowitz, who reps the Rhino Fight Team and has mastered the art of out-boxing wrestlers and out-wrestling boxers (see Horowitz vs. Anthony Abatelli and Horowitz vs. Adam Rosello).
- Claudio Ledesma – Although he ran into a brick wall when he faced TSMMA’s Jimmie Rivera, Ledesma is still a tough jiu-jitsu specialist with KO power.
- Josh Key – Key got screwed in his bout against Hitalo Machado at UCC 1 when the ref stepped in prematurely, and his bad luck continued with a “no contest” at an M-1 Global show in June, but he’s still a powerful, powerful grappler and fierce competitor. Watch for him to slam opponent Mike Winters into unconsciousness the first chance he gets.
Post a Comment