- First up is Forrest giving some background on himself, which includes how he hooked up with the ISKA and became their point man in sanctioning amateur MMA in Upstate New York.
- He admits that he quit his role because it was an all-encompassing, time-consuming endeavor.
- What's some of the stuff that goes on at unregulated shows in New York? No blood work, no uniform standards for equipment, lacking of suitable medical care, etc.
- According to Forrest, there are some promoters who don't use sanctioning bodies who do actually self-regulate pretty well. He names Don Lilly as one of them.
- On the flipside, there are some sanctioning bodies that absolutely suck.
- MMA is so young in New York that it's reflected in the quality of competitor. This was hammered home to Forrest when Fighters Source came to town with their national fighters. "For the most part, the bulk of the athletes in New York State are nowhere near the level of the rest of the country."
Because There's A Fistfight Going On Somewhere In New York Right Now, And You Should Know About It
Wednesday, August 20, 2014
MMAMadhouse Radio Liveblog: Part 2
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment