- One promoter in Poughkeepsie once told Forrest that his own events were "so safe I don't even need an ambulance."
- One time, a trained referee Forrest knows went to an unsanctioned show as a spectator, and the officiating was so horrifying that he couldn't help but climb into the cage and take over.
- Forrest acknowledges that there certainly has been fighters competing in New York State - even upstate - who have fought with HIV and Hepatitis.
- Cory Schafer, the head honcho of the ISKA comes on as a guest. I interviewed him at length last week, but I've been waiting to hear what Forrest has to say before I posted it. Guess I'll put the interview up tomorrow...
- Schafer: "The misconception is that regulation is meant to protect the fighters from promoters. It's not. Regulation is meant to protect the fighters from themselves."
Wednesday, August 20, 2014
MMAMadhouse Radio Liveblog: Part 3