- Lyman Good fought Jonavin Webb for the Cage Fury Fighting Championship welterweight title at CFFC 43 in Atlantic City, and by all accounts, Good was slaughtering him. But an accidental foul (eye poke) had Webb saying he couldn't continue before the third round was up, so the bout was ruled a "no contest". THAT SUCKS.
- However, Good's teammate Jimmie Rivera notched a win at the same event, TKOing his opponent to win the bantamweight belt. Rivera needs to get back in the Octagon ASAP (remember: he fought on TUF).
- Gregy Styles, one of the best amateurs north of New York City, tried his hand at kickboxing on Saturday night at the World Class Kickboxing show in Rahway, N.J. It took him two minutes to get the victory via TKO.
- New York MMA stalwart Kevin Wall trekked out to Long Island to fight at the MMA Platinum Gloves. Wall won his bout via submission. I think that's two in a row for him now. Well done, Kevin.
- Brooklyn-based vegan fighter Omowale Adewale went up to Albany to fight for the Cage Wars 170-pound belt. He came up short, but it sounds like he had a war.
- Invicta FC, blah, blah, blah.
Monday, November 3, 2014
Things of Note That Happened Over the Weekend: 11.3.14 Edition
NEW YORK/NEW JERSEY