- I like Charlie Brenneman and want to see him do well, but he needs to never fight in the UFC again. Brenneman is dominant in the regional circuit; he's on the path to long-term brain trauma in the Octagon.
- For someone so tall and lanky, Jessamyn Duke sure fought like a short person. What the hell was her game plan?
- Takanori Gomi looked woefully out of shape and yet still managed to put forth an exciting, crowd-pleasing bout. Thus is the power of the Gomi.
- Tim Elliot looked great. Joseph Benavidez just looked greater.
- Nothing makes you feel good like watching Jim Miller nab an impressive win. He is the true "People's Champ".
- Luke Rockhold looked like he didn't even belong in the same cage as Tim Boetsch. I say give him that Vitor Belfort rematch - now that Belfort is off the sauce, I think Rockhold will kill him.
- It's hard to believe that Anthony Johnson was a pretty good welterweight when he first came to the UFC, but now he's a badass light-heavyweight. Makes you wonder how a light-heavyweight Matt Serra would do, or a heavyweight Matt Hughes.
- Only one man in the world has a chance at beating Jon Jones. Alexander Gustafsson, where are you?
Sunday, April 27, 2014
Observations From My Couch: UFC 172