- Jason Saggo, Kajan Johnson, Josh Shockley... who the hell are these people? I remember watching UFCs where I recognized all the competitors.
- I hate to say it, but Mike Easton has gotten old. If he fought Yves Jabouin five years ago, he would've killed him.
- Valerie Letourneau and Elizabeth Phillips fought their hearts out. Which is good, because neither lady looked all that promising.
- Ryan Jimmo cries out "My arm is broke! My arm is broke!" and Ovince St. Preux's first inclination is to think it's a trick? Dude...
- Andrei Arlovski looked like crap. What's worse than crap? I'm not sure, but whatever it is, that's what Brendan Schaub looked like.
- That was one of the best Ryan Baders we've seen in a long time. He'd still get murdered by the rest of the light-heavyweights though.
- Dammit, Rory MacDonald is starting to grow on me.
- Demetrious Johnson is far and away the best, but if doesn't finish opponents, he's going to become the Jon Fitch of the flyweights.
Monday, June 16, 2014
Observations From My Couch: UFC 174